Committee meeting synopsis
Meeting date: 19 October, 2018
For day-to-day operation the Treasurer reported that we were able to achieve our
target of holding a one year basic operating reserve. Ring fenced funds from
The Dereham Society remain as we search for a suitable project on the Neatherd.
Financing the next walk pack print run remains an on-going issue.
We now have 43 sticker-logos displayed throughout the Town, 38 leaflet holders
in place and 1019 walks packs issued, plus those at the library and DTC.
It was agreed to produce our own small Christmas calendar to be sent to our
Further discussion about the 'roller banner' (for use at presentations) provided
some useful additional ideas.
It was noted that DTC have been in discussion with Norfolk Councty Council about
road signage. We will request that WaW be included.
Some options for funding sources for our next walk pack print run were
distributed and discussed. Initial inquiries will be made.
A business plan for 2019 was agreed:
- a similar programme of walks as for 2018
- identification of additional walks, eg health/prescription walks,
family/child friendly walk
- development of the heritage walk(s)
- maintenance of publicity especially through logos and walks packs in the
- production of a web map and descriptions of all public rights of way in
- a full path report for DTC, agreed in principle for publication
30 September (Hoe Rough walk) debrief:
Service at Smile had been a bit chaotic at first, but all worked out in the end.
The walk had been well received.
22 October (Gressenhall walk):
Arrangements were in place.
1 January 2019 (walk to be arranged):
It was agreed to try to arrange a walk from the Windmill, but need to check
availability of the coffee shop.
- 19/20 April (F/Sa) - family/child event (to be confirmed)
- 22 April (M) - standard walk
- 27 May (M) - standard walk
- June/July - heritage walk (town or industrial)
- 26 August (M) - standard walk
- end September - garden party walk
- October - walk to coincide with NCC Festival (if held)
- 1 January 2020 (W)
- It was agreed to consider a walk with Norfolk or Suffolk colleagues, either
on one of the above days, or as an extra.