Committee meeting synopsis
Meeting date: 26 September, 2016
- We agreed to add to the website a map showing the location and
numbers of all of the public rights of way in Dereham: we have started
on this so check again soon to see it.
- We finalised arrangements for the Garden Party and walks on 2
October - perhaps you came?
- We also confirmed all arrangements for the three walks we have
entered into the Norfolk Walking Festival (22-30 October): details can
- We agreed on what we would like to have as ‘Walkers are Welcome’
signs visible alongside all the major roads approaching Dereham. We
have discussed these plans with Dereham Town Council’s Heritage and
Open Spaces Committee and gained their support in principle. Our next
steps are to seek permission from the appropriate authorities, get
cost estimates for the signs, then raise the necessary money to pay
for them. After that, all we have to do is put them up!
- We reviewed the latest report from the Dereham Town Council
Footpath Warden, which showed the amount of work done to keep
Dereham’s network of public rights of way in good order. That report
can be seen